Pro Carton is the European Association of Carton and Cartonboard manufacturers. Its main purpose is to promote the use of cartons and cartonboard as an economically and ecologically balanced packaging medium. Pro Carton is made up of 16 members, representing wide majority of cartonboard production in Europe. Between them, Pro Carton’s members operate more than 40 production sites and 50 board machines across 14 European countries.
Pro Carton joined Greensource because:
- Shared values for a circular economy model
- Increased leverage by sharing resources
- Representation of all stakeholders in the cartonboard value chain
Pro Carton priorities within Greensource are:
- Secure that fibre based packaging is most preferred choice for consumers in Europe
- Protect forests in Europe as a natural habitat and sustainable source of raw material supply